GOOD TO KNOW:
- Classes are generally 90 or 60 minute long
- We practice within a group in a room heated up to 36°C
- Classes are taught in English
- You can use our mats for FREE, towels and water can be rented from the studio
HotHaus Yoga & Movement has been established with a new breed of practitioner in mind. A Yogi and Mover first and foremost; regardless of age, sex, history, experience. Our classes aim to bring together the ancient practices and tradition of yoga with latest research and developments in the movement industry. We also like to have fun.
Our practice is rooted in classical Hatha yoga, Bikram and Ashtanga yoga, but we also acknowledge and accommodate for the changing needs of our busy modern lifestyles. HotHaus is space where it is possible to get fit and healthy while practicing in a safe and efficient manner. Through straightforward classes we encourage the practitioner to work on focus, determination, balance and look inward.
We are a boutique hot yoga studio offering hot yoga and a variety of other movement based classes and workshops to support your practise and development. The studio is equipped with latest INFRARED heating technology, showers, changing rooms and a chill out area.
Courious but nervous about Heat?
If you are new to hot yoga or if you had bad, oppressive experiences in some Bikram studios we understand, but – do not worry! At HotHaus we run classes at lower, more comfortable heat than many hot yoga studios. We like the heat as it is highly beneficial, it warms muscles and joints, helps open the body and enables safe stretching but we keep if safe and effective. In addition to this, our infrared heating technology is cleaner and more hygienic than traditional heating systems in most hot yoga studios and comes with a myriad of other health benefits.
INFRARED HEALTH BENEFITS – more than just Hot Yoga:
- IR heating system is Cleaner and more hygienic
- No need for hot air circulation (spreading dust, bacteria et al)
- More gentle to your body
- Better sleep
- Weight loss and calorie burning
- Increases metabolism rates
- Supports Immune System
- Relief from sore muscles
- Relief from joint pain such as Arthritis
- Clear and tighter skin
- Improved Circulation
- Improves appearance of celulite
- Improves heart and cardiovascular health
- Help for people with chronic fatigue syndrom
- Diabetes support
- Relieves stress and fatigue
- and more…
- Arrive in time – ideally 15 mins before the start of the class
- A quiet space – practice room is a reflection, no talk area
- Clean space – our entire studio is a shoe-free zone
- Respect fellow students and their practice
- Look after your and studio belongings – place a towel on your mat
Before the class:
You will need: 2 towels one to practise and one to shower with, water and a mat. Don’t worry if you forget or simply make an impromptu decision to jump into the class. We’ve got you covered.
- 2 towels – We can supply them for CHF 2 each
- We supply bottled water at CHF 3 per bottle
- We provide yoga mats for FREE to all of our students
- Come to class hydrated. Drink 1.5 litres of water 2 hours before class.
- We advise you not to eat much in the 2 hours before class.
- Sit down whenever you feel like it and take it easy at the start.
- Tell the teacher before class if you have any injuries. Never work into pain.
- You may feel a bit dizzy in the first 20 minutes. That’s normal. Sit down and breathe through your nose. Drink more water next time.
- Don’t wear bulky clothing, it gets in the way.